Thursday, January 9, 2014

01/09/14 - chapter 5 and 6

Today we talked mostly about marketing and how to make a sale. Marketing contains the four p's: product, price, place, and promotion. With the four p's an entrepreneur will have a successful brand if they are all used to benefit the customer in order for them to associate with you and your business. Other ways to stay successful with marketing a business is effective pricing and a reinforced integrated market. An entrepreneur can make a sale if he/she talks more about the benefits of a product rather than all the features it may contain. When listening to complaints an entrepreneur needs to take that information to fix the product or service.

His information was very important to me, especially with the part about making a sale. I used to work for a larger hardware and more retail company and I learned quickly that I needed to help customers choose between two items that were practically the same. The customer didn't want a reading of the information on the packaging, they wanted my opinion on which one I would buy. I've also had to listen to quite a few complaints on said company and I would fix it or find someone who could.

The project is coming along I'm excited about how it will turn out. Who doesn't want a singing valentine? Only problem is how to keep this going until valentines day and learning the songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment